Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Birthday Fun

 

This Boy Turned 4 years old On the 5th of September. Were has the time gone? What a cute little mess he is!

We celebrated it on Monday with Cake and swimming.

Cory's Bday-5554-1 When I asked Cory what kind of cake he wanted me to make for his birthday, The answer wasn't surprising but a lot more detailed then I had planned. I was given very specific instructions to make a jungle birthday cake, but he didn't stop there he proceeded to tell me he had to have an elephant, hippo, zebra, tiger, rhino, lion, monkeys, alligators, and a giraffe! When i laughed and said ok I will see what I can do he didn't stop he insisted that there be a river and the hippo and alligators had to be swimming in the river!!

Well I gave it my best shot, the whole time wondering if i would be able to live up to these expectations. Especially because I was wanting to try and make everything edible meaning no plastic toys could be put on this cake (maybe next time I wont try to be the “cake boss”)

After 5 cake mixes (no I didn't make the cake from scratch and i don't care if I did) 1 tub of Crisco 3lbs of Fondant and 8lbs of powder sugar—And 3 days of work here is what I came up with

Cory's Bday-5522-1This is by far the most detailed and biggest cake I have ever made so far. It was a lot of work and fun. I learned a lot like the palm trees need to be made at least 4 days in advance!! But Cory got everything he wanted a jungle river cake with an elephant, zebra, tiger, giraffe, lion, rhino, monkeys and a hippo and alligators swimming in the river, I even added some jungle flowers, snakes and birdies just for fun--

Here are some more detailed pictures 

Cory's Bday-5523-1 Cory's Bday-5525-1 Cory's Bday-5528-1 Cory's Bday-5530-1 Cory's Bday-5531-1 Cory's Bday-5532-1 Cory's Bday-5535-1 Cory's Bday-5537-1

--Happy Birthday Cory--

We Love you!! 

   

10 comments:

Kacy said...

Wow you are so talented. It looks great!

The Yarn Barn said...

that is freakin amazing, i need alot more practice to pull something like that off. AWESOME!

Camron and Lonna Connolly said...

HOLY COW!!! Im sure you already know this but you are amazing! Are you available to make a cake on May 1st? My kids share a birthday so I'd only need one cake!! ;) It really is awesome Cole!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Now I am embarrased to post pictures of the cake I made for Gavin! I hope Gavin doesn't ask me to make a detailed cake like that...I probably won't give him the option though:)
It looks amazing!

Ginger Bell said...

Nicole, I think you could beat mama at a "cake-off", and that's saying something! I bet you're little guy couldn't have been happier. How fun.

Jaime Stephens said...

WOW nice work!! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

WOW...that is an AMAZING cake! You really have a talent for that kind of thing! Happy Birthday to your big guy! :)

d.jo said...

Are you kidding me? It looks like it's straight out of a magazine! I have no idea where you got the energy to do that with 2 children and on in your belly...SUPER MOM! Great job!

Daniels Six said...

I just showed this cake to my twins (10) and they were extremely impressed. They couldn't believe that I could possibly be related to someone with that much talent!! I sadly lack in that department. It has been great seeing your family since I remember you as that little beautiful girl Ellie and I hung out with when we were at BYU!! Old I am!!

Carrie said...

um... you're insane!! that is amazing! don't let my kids see it though or expectations will start going up over here. :) happy birthday cory!!