Monday, September 15, 2008

{some thoughts}

Today I came across a quote from Anna Quindle, M. Russell Ballard quoted her in this Talk. I found it While I was reading the nienie blog. And I Loved it! I wanted to pass it on, because it was so inspiring and so TRUE!

{"Author Anna Quindlen reminds us not to rush past the fleeting moments. She said: “The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less”(Loud and Clear [2004], 10–11).}
I want to live every minute in the moment, remember every detail -even ones of the two year old who just threw a tantrum because you filled his cup up with juice- savor every kiss every smile and every giggle. Not only do I want to do this with my Child and Children to come but with Super Awesome Husband. Over this past year I have been reminded too many times how fragile this life is and how we can never take anything for granted. I cant even beggin to imagine if one of these two men of mine were taken from me in this life. I would hope that I would hang on so tight to my faith and knowledge that this life is not the end but just the beginning. I would pray to remember every detail I possibly could. But the only way I could remember is if there was something there to remember. So I am going to take Anna Quindles advice and instead of telling the little guy to hold on just a second I will read the book when I finish the dishes I am going to stop the dishes and read that book!

1 comment:

Erharts02 said...

This made me cry! I have been feeling the same way lately. I was writing in my kids baby books and I was having a hard time recalling all the funny stories Ganon has told me and all the cute things Adi does and I have been thinking a lot of what a gift life is whith all that has happened this year, so this totally touched me! Thanks! Love you guys!