Sunday, April 20, 2008

What Little Boys Are Made Of


I was given this book at my baby shower from forever ago called What Little Boys Are Made Of. And it has my favorite paintings in it by Jim Daly (I love his work). Anyway it has a ton of little quotes and sayings all about little boys! They reminded me so much of my FIVE little brothers. The things that little boys do They are always so busy and I see that in my little Cory as he is growing up I am looking forward to the many adventures with him just like with his Uncles!
Here are a few of my favorites from the book

"there comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has the raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure." mark twain-the adventures of tom sawyer

Why God Made Little Boys
God made a world out of his dreams, Of magic mountains, oceans and streams, Prairies and plains and wooded land, Then paused and thought, "I need someone to stand, On top of the mountains, to conquer the seas, Explore the plains and climb the trees. Someone to start out small and grow, Sturdy and strong like a tree" and so He created boys, full of spirit and fun To explore and conquer, to romp and run With dirty faces, and banged up chins With courageous hearts and boyish grins. And when He had completed the task He'd begun, He surely said, "That's a job well done."
Arthur E Knight

Boys are found Everywhere- on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to... A boy is truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the Hope of the future with a Frog in its pocket





4 comments:

ashley b said...

Aren't little boys great! I sure do love my little man! I can't wait til we can get Gage and Corey together! I think they'll have a little more fun together now that they are both mobile! haha

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

YOu will have to tell me where to get that book. I can't wait for a boy. People always say, little girls love their daddys and little boys love their mommys. Jared is a little jealous already. j/k

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Oh and Jared said that you got screwed on your calling. haha Good luck..."what doesn't break you will only make you stronger"....Gosh dont you hate that saying!! haha

Addie Gaylord said...

Nicole, so true about little boys. My zane is a gaylord all the way and I am sure you remember how busy those boys were and still are. I had know idea just how busy they really can be.